“The arrangements for safeguarding are effective”. Ofsted Oct 2021
Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School is committed to the highest standards in protecting and safeguarding the children entrusted to our care.
Our school will support all children by:
- Promoting a caring, safe and positive environment
- Encouraging self-esteem and self-assertiveness
- Effectively tackling bullying and harassment
We recognise that some children may be the victims of neglect, physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Staff working with children are well placed to identify such abuse.
“There is a strong culture of safeguarding and care for pupils throughout the school. Staff know that keeping pupils safe is their top priority. They are vigilant for signs that pupils might need extra help. Leaders ensure that pupils get the help they need, when they need it, from external agencies when appropriate.” Ofsted Oct 2021
At Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School in order to protect our children, we aim to:
- Create an atmosphere where all our children feel secure, valued and listened to
- Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse
- Respond quickly, appropriately and effectively to cases of suspected abuse
“Pupils, parents and staff agree that pupils are safe in school”. Ofsted Oct 2021
If you have any concerns that a child is being harmed, is at risk of harm, or you receive a disclosure (intentionally or unintentionally) you must email [email protected] or contact one of the following members of staff as soon as possible:
Anthony Beckett – Lead DSL
Lauren Evitts – Safeguarding Officer
If they are not available please contact: Robert Swanwick (Headteacher)
Everyone working with our children, their parents and carers should be aware that their role is to:
- Listen and note carefully any observations which could indicate abuse
- Not to attempt to investigate once the initial concern is raised
- Refer to the Designated Senior Lead (DSL) immediately
- Contact the Head or the Deputy DSL if the DSL is not available
- Remember disclosures of abuse or harm from children may be made at any time
If anything worries you or concerns you, report it straight away.
If you are are student at Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School you can share your worries by emailing: [email protected]
A message sent to this email address goes straight to the DSL team. As long as we know who you are – someone will get in touch with you – the DSL team may share you concern with your HOY / tutor / Lay Chaplain.
This email address is designed to give you the opportunity to share your concerns.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – if you send an email to [email protected] you will automatically receive the following response:
This is an automated response.
Thank you for sharing your concern.
Please note that this email is not monitored 24/7. It may take a little while for one of our team to come and see you.
If you want advice more quickly, please speak directly to a member of staff in school. Alternatively, call Childline (0800 1111) for advice.
If you are immediate risk of harm, please call the police 999