“The arrangements for safeguarding are effective”. Ofsted Sept 2016
Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School is committed to the highest standards in protecting and safeguarding the children entrusted to our care.
Our school will support all children by:
- Promoting a caring, safe and positive environment
- Encouraging self-esteem and self-assertiveness
- Effectively tackling bullying and harassment
We recognise that some children may be the victims of neglect, physical, sexual or emotional abuse. Staff working with children are well placed to identify such abuse.
“Staff at all levels have a clear understanding of what they must do if they are concerned about pupils. There are clear procedures in place to intervene swiftly to protect vulnerable pupils”. Ofsted 2016
At Cardinal Wiseman Catholic School in order to protect our children, we aim to:
- Create an atmosphere where all our children feel secure, valued and listened to
- Recognise signs and symptoms of abuse
- Respond quickly, appropriately and effectively to cases of suspected abuse
“Pupils say that they feel safe at the school”. Ofsted 2016
If you have any concerns that a child is being harmed, is at risk of harm, or you receive a disclosure (intentionally or unintentionally) you must email email@example.com or contact one of the following members of staff as soon as possible:
Anthony Beckett (Lead DSL)
Esther Short (Deputy DSL)
If they are not available please contact: Christina Stewardson (Headteacher)
Everyone working with our children, their parents and carers should be aware that their role is to:
- Listen and note carefully any observations which could indicate abuse
- Not to attempt to investigate once the initial concern is raised
- Refer to the Designated Senior Lead (DSL) immediately
- Contact the Head or the Deputy DSP if the DSP is not available
- Remember disclosures of abuse or harm from children may be made at any time
If anything worries you or concerns you, report it straight away.